A Weekend Getaway.

April 04, 2015


"The only reason reason why we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend." - Chuck Palahniuk

In late December (26th-29th) my best pal and I took a trip to Melbourne, and I just thought I would put together a post of all the pictures I took. For me this was a very exciting trip because it was the first time I had ever flown on a plane without my parents or went on a holiday without my family. This was a wonderful and relaxing trip and I want to thank Lauren so much for bringing me with her and to her family for letting us stay with them!
I hope you enjoy!











These photos were taken along South Melbourne Beach and at the pier, near where we were staying in Albert Park. It was an extremely windy day so the both of us were wrapped up tightly in borrowed Hiking Jackets and taking in the scenery that the beautiful beaches have to offer. Until recently I never understood what people meant when they said that they found the sea calming, but now I could not agree more. There is nothing more relaxing than watching the waves crash onto the shoreline whilst you question the unstoppable and somewhat mysterious nature of the sea itself.







These photos were taken in Melbourne's Graffiti Tunnel, one of the hidden gems of Melbourne. Personally I believe graffiti art such as this is incredibly beautiful and mesmorising. The longer you look at it the more beautiful artworks are uncovered. Whilst it is a hub for tourists if you concentrate it's easy to catch some beautiful, bud sadly temporary artworks.



These photos were taken on the bridge overlooking the Flinders River in Melbourne. The river is a hub for food, music and overall life in Melbourne. With many street performers scattering it's edges and so many restaurants and bars where you're able to sit and watch the world go by.









We were left to wander alone through the National Gallery of Victoria. We particularly went for the Jean Paul Gautier Exhibition, post coming soon. Personally I think a Gallery is a must see when you are visiting a new city as there are so many different exhibitions compared to your local gallery. With high stain glass ceilings and sit in exhibitions such as "Carsten Holler's Golden Mirror Carousel." (For more information click here). The Carousel allows you sit relax and watch the world go by. It was incredibly relaxing to just sit and watch people walk around you. The Carousel was incredibly beautifully crafted, with the gold chains, lights and mirrored surfaces it was one of my favourite parts of the exhibition. 

♡♡♡

Photos are all my own, taken on my Canon 1200D. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments