Decisions.

September 19, 2014


"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." 
The Road Not Taken - Robert Frost 

There are always decisions in life and right now I'm finding there is a lot of decisions to be made really soon. At the age of 16-19 you're supposed to decide what you want to do with your life and the career you are supposed to do. It's scary. It's really, really scary and I don't think that anyone besides 16-19 year olds know how scary it is to realise that the person who hides a packet of biscuits in their room for later is going to decide what you're going to do for the rest of your life. 

There are also decisions to make in regard to friends and family and even what you are going to do with your money and life savings.  
People are constantly asking you to make choices whether it be chocolate or strawberry, the simpler decisions in life or which course you want to do at University or even if you don't will or will not go to University. 

I don't know why I'm having these thoughts this week, but I guess graduating from High School really makes you think, WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE. 
Right now it's midday on Saturday - just after my graduation week and I'm thinking about life. Whether it's the existential crisis' or the fact that I really need to clean my room so I can buy more things to put in it. 

I'm watching a TV right now and in this show the character must choose whether he wants to give up his dream to save his friend. These, these are the hard decisions in life, the choices that force us to question every single part of of our being, and even though this show is fictional it really makes you think that there are people out there who are facing much harder decisions, it makes you think yours are insignificant.  

My wise Extension English teacher once told our class that if we thought our poor HSC trials marks were the end of the world, then we needed to rethink our lives, because there are so many more things to be upset about and so many more things which should be concerning us, rather than our own selfish desires. 

So today, on this absolutely ordinary Saturday, I don't know about you, but I'll be trying to remind myself that I am not the centre of the universe and that my selfish desires mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. I hope you have the most wonderful of Saturdays and if you're struggling through a tough time right now, I want you to remember, I'm not thinking about my selfish desires right now - I'm trying to think of you or someone else who needs my prayers. 

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments