Affirmations.

October 15, 2014


"Feeling good about your life, but not expressing a heartfelt 'thank you,' is like wrapping a gift for someone and never giving it to them." - Chip Conley 

Okay so as I posted the past three days posts today as I have just been so very busy right now with exams and everything so I called on my lovely friend Isadora who never fails to inspire or support me in a plea of desperation for a blog post, and she had the wonderful idea of doing a post on affirmations. I'm sorry internet but I'm not going to give you the exact reason as to why this is so very important at the moment because affirmations are such a personal and intimate thing. 

So if you don't know an affirmation or sometimes called fuzzy wuzzies (thanks Lauren - not me, my friend called Lauren) and they are basically a little message you send someone can be verbally, via video or even by a letter or text where you can write or say whatever you like. You can write/say how you feel about that person, what inspires you about that person, what you love about them or even the things that they do that make you smile or laugh. 

An affirmation is something so very personal, so you can see it can be shaped into so many different things but as the other name suggests it is basically meant to make you (the writer) and someone else (the recipient) feel warm and good about yourself. For me affirmations can change the way I look at myself for that day because it means that someone I love and care for has managed to get into my head and beat away all those negative thoughts that are constantly swimming around with a baseball bat and have them subdued for a while. 

I have received so many affirmations over the past couple of years, I don't know whether it's a Catholic school thing or not but we are always writing these and they make you laugh, they make you cry and they just have the ability to make you feel so incredibly special. It makes you feel as if someone really does care for you, and if everything you do is actually noticed and appreciated by someone. 

So I'm going to write two things, first thing is a DIY affirmation and the second is an affirmation for you, yes you, the person reading this blog post RIGHT NOW.

Dear _____, 
I love your _____ and you make me so incredibly _____ every day. I don't know what I would do without your _____ and your overall _____ in my life. You inspire me to be better than I am and I am so incredibly thankful for your friendship and support. You are so talented in everything you do, especially _____ and your passion for your _____ shows through with what you do every day and overall how you live your life. I love you to the moon and back and I don't think you will ever fully understand how much I love, need and rely on you. 
Lots of love and infinite hugs and kisses, 
_____ (xo, xoxo, xx, x, o)

Okay now onto you guys:
Dear Reader, 
I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you. To say thank you for reading this post or for reading my blog no matter how long you have been here. Just you taking five minutes out of your life to get an insight into mine means the absolute world, honestly every time that view ticker goes up my heart flutter not because my blog is gaining popularity, which I am thankful for, but because someone has taken time to pull up a chair in my corner of the internet. Someone is reading my thoughts and opinions on various issues, no matter how immature or stupid they are. I love the support I get from all the people who know me in real life or online and the always positive response I get from people reading my blog. Thank you so much for being you because without you I would not feel as inspired as I do to keep letting my thoughts fly free and setting them out into the world. I would not feel inspired to write better blog posts and I would not feel brave enough to tell people that I have this blog, that I have this little corner of the Internet where I can sit and let my thoughts out about anything and everything so thank you for letting me have a voice and for letting me be completely and utterly who I am on this blog, no questions asks. Thank you for being you and I love you so very much! 
Lauren x

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments