My Song.

October 29, 2014


"Ah music," he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here!"  - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (JK Rowling).

I don't know if this is a thing that everyone does, but in my family when each of us was born my dad sung us a song and it became "our song." So my song is 'Little Ray of Sunshine' (1970) by Axiom. When ever I listen to this song it sort of gives me faith in my parents, that they actually know what they'e doing and it makes me feel really special, because when you listen to this lyrics it's such a beautiful song about the relationship between a father and his daughter. 

There are so many beautiful old classic songs with such wonderful lyrics, but this one really stands out to me and it's impossible to be in a bad mood if this song is on. It really does make you think how much your parents really do care about you, how much sacrifice they put in to raise you and how much your parents really love you. 

Music is so powerful and it is indescribable how special someone's song is to them. I know right now, and I always have that I will give each of my children a song, because especially during the teenage years when one's identity is questioned having a song can really bring you back down to earth and remind you where you belong, remind you who you are where you came from. 

MY SONG: 
(My dad and I really like THIS version, but I couldn't find it!)

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments