Routine.

October 11, 2014


"I want to caution you against the idea that balance has to be a routine that looks the same week in and week out." - Kevin Thoman 

Wake Up. Study. Eat. Study. Watch TV. Study. Exercise. Study. Write Blog Post. Study. Sleep. Repeat.

That's my day, my day every day, and I've had enough. I'm sick of routines. 
I and pretty much everyone else my age is stuck in a rut, some kind of rhythm where we cannot break it until the 4th of November. On that day everything will change, and our lives will began (sorry I didn't know you said no cheese). 

Routines are one of the most mundane aspects of our society and is somewhat similar to a plan. How have we let our lives become so organised that we're no longer happy?  When happiness is one of the things we always promised to be. 

I think every person loves routine in their life, to some extent, but I never would have wished for something like this. Something so incredibly vigorous that it's affecting every aspect of our lives. When I was little I used to find that during the summer holidays I became bored of a life without routine and looked forward to going back to school, but right now I could not think of anything worse, anything worse than dragging myself out of bed and putting on a uniform. 

Routines are not only sending us insane but it's sending our parents and our families mad too. Everyone is frustrated, angry and stressed and I don't know about you but I've just about enough of being angry and scared. 

The future is getting closer and closer and I thought I would be more scared, but I'm not. I just want to get these three weeks done with and then my life will really begin, and then the routines will cease. 

♡♡♡


You Might Also Like

0 comments