Plans.

October 06, 2014


"Life happens to you while you're making other plans." - John Lennon

We plan, we plan and we plan some more. We plan our study timetables, our holidays, our concerts, our work, our blog posts (or is that just me). We plan our entire lives into a fit schedule; you go to high school, you go to Uni, you get married, you have kids, you die. 

I don't know about you but that sounds so incredibly depressing. Of course I want to do all those things in my life, but I want to travel the world, I want to help people, I want to gain life experience, I want to capture the most important moments in life whether it be on camera or just in my head. 

The amount of things that I want to do in my life is absolutely ridiculous and today all I could think about was the fact that the quote above could not be more true. We have been planning for the upcoming weeks and weeks previous for the past year and years before that, and look here we are. Everything will all be over after the next few weeks, but the thing is, it's crept up so quickly! 

Even if you have no clue what I'm talking about you have to admit that sometimes you gotta look around and ask yourself WHEN DID IT BECOME OCTOBER?? To me February feels like only a few months ago not eight. 

Life is moving so quickly, and it's like that Cheaper by the Dozen quote; "five minutes ago she was sitting on my shoulders pointing at cows in Munger's Field" "and then you blinked."
For me it felt like it was only a few weeks ago that I was 11 years old and just starting High School, not a friend in sight, and suddenly I blinked. 
I blinked and I just graduated. 
I blinked and I was surrounded by such beautiful, successful and supportive people. 
I blinked and my life had changed. 

While I was so busy thinking of plans for this month I didn't realise that the month is almost done, I didn't realise that my senior year is almost done. 

Though I have come to realise that the more we plan, the faster life goes by. The more we try to organise every second, of every hour, of every day the faster it goes. 

So I guess we just have to sit back and take a moment. Do something spontaneous. Take a moment to not plan and just try and live you life, day by day, because in the end, life is too short to be anything but happy. 

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments