Howl's Moving Castle.

October 28, 2014


"They say that the best blaze burns brightest when circumstances are at their worst." - Sophie Hatter, Howl's Moving Castle

Sorry about the lack of posting, but I'll catch up soon for all the missed days, it's just a full on week! 
So when I came home from my exam this morning I wanted to watch a movie during my lunch before I started studying for the next one (ugh). 

So today I thought I would share one of my absolute favorite movies; 'Howl's Moving Castle'. If you haven't seen any of the Studio Ghibli movies you're missing out and this one is incredible. It's full of love, pain, hardship and sacrifice. I've seen it over 10 times and I think I could watch it 10 more. 

There's something about the style of animation of these movies, whether it be the beauty in the way the character itself is created, the mouth watering depictions of food or the beautifully created landscapes and buildings. 
(If that doesn't make you hungry, I don't know what will).


The story begins with plain, hat shop employee Sophie being rescued by Howl and their story continues from there. I don't want to say too much but (SPOILER ALERT) this movie honestly inspires me so much and I love how it teaches the importance of acceptance and having faith in people which is such an important message in today's society, as both Sophie and Howl are cursed and must overcome the terrible curses which have been placed upon them, with not only true love but faith in self and faith in those around you. 

I definitely recommend checking out Howl's Moving Castle or any of the other Studio Ghibli films! 
If you have seen any of them, which one is your favorite? 

TRAILER: 

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments